Flexidemics is a yearly anthology that gives expression to student-centered ideologies and the limitations of modern education.
What we are looking for
- Your ideas for how to create student-centered learning experiences.
- Experiences in teaching in non-traditional environments or schools.
- Experiences with attending a non-traditional school
- Reflections on homeschooling, unschooling, and flexible schooling arrangements
- Reflections on how your schooling experiences (as a teacher or a student) made you want to change the education paradigm.
- Thoughts on teacher agency and autonomy in the era of bureaucracy.
- Critiques on the modern education system with solutions to some of the problems.
We are seeking a variety of perspectives from authors, educators, parents, and students. Submissions must not have previously been published online or in print.
Contributors retain the sole, individual copyright on his or her contribution. However, the anthology as a whole will be published under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Contributors will receive an honorarium of $20.
Word count: up to 4,000 words.
Deadline: November 1, 2021